Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dymo LetraTag Label Maker LT-100H

As a Professional Organizer you would think that I am in love with the label maker. Truth is I'm not, or should I say, I wasn't. You see I have a pretty fancy dancy label maker that I purchased a couple of years ago but that I rarely used because it was just too complicated for me to figure out. I'm a simple girl, complicated bugs me. I don't have time to mess around with a hundred different bells and whistles.

So when Dymo contacted me to try out their LetraTag LT-100H model I was a little skeptical, considering my track record and all, but my optimism told me to go for it.

Well hello, so easy to use, it's a piece of cake and look at me labeling everything in site, label maker! Gosh this thing is so easy to use and so much less expensive to purchase as well. Now granted it's probably missing some of the "extras" that my old label maker had but because I could never figure them out, I can't even begin to tell you what they were anyway.

I want to be able to just turn the thing on, type up a label, switch from capitals to no capitals with the touch of one button, go from alpha to numerical with just one button, print and be done with it. Is that too much to ask for? Not with this little beauty. It fits into one hand and you can even type up a label just using your thumb if you want to. Now that's convenience!

The actual labels you can buy for it come in quite the variety including ones that are magnetic. Very cool option if I do say so myself. I like that the label backing is split in the middle making them a cinch to peel off too.

The only time I had to actually use the manual (something I don't generally take the time to do) and the one downfall that I could find with this label maker was trying to figure out how to find the apostrophe. It's hidden in with the symbols which still isn't hard to find but I do wish that it had it's own button.

The other thing to consider is that while you can change print sizes and chose from six different font styles (normal, bold, italic, outline, shadow and vertical) you can't change the actual font itself. This doesn't bother me at all though because I like all my labels to be uniform anyway.

If you are looking for a no-nonsense, simple to use AND inexpensive label maker than the Dymo LetraTag may be the one for you.

Oh and did I mention it can also do two line printing if you want, yay! :)

Available for $19.14 through Amazon


post signature

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I love my LetraTag maker!